Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer
- Investigate and solve exciting and difficult challenges in image recognition, classification, content analysis, and deep learning.
- Act as an expert to help build new features into SnappyData that make it easier to be used as a data platform for ML/DL workloads
- Research and develop scalable and dynamic computer vision / machine learning solutions to hard problems.
- Use the latest advances in neural networks and deep learning to enhance our products and create new experiences.
- Be a valued contributor in shaping the future of our products and services.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team of software & hardware engineers, data scientists, ML experts, and others to address challenges head on.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
You are going to love this job because you will:
- Work in a startup that aims to change the way big data and fast data are processed in enterprises
- Be immersed in a "special operations team" of innovative and top caliber computer scientists, engineers and big data experts in a collegial and fun environment.
- Work on incredibly hard problems in deep learning, transfer learning & artificial intelligence that are of value in the real world.
- Create world-class products and cutting edge concepts.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data & video quality
- Build on our tools, platforms and vast technical resources.
- Work in a highly visible, dynamic team that provides continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
Open source contributors: Send us your Github id!
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in computer vision or machine intelligence.
- At least 3 years of experience in Java or Scala.
- Highly proficient in data engineering
- Strong mathematics, statistics, and data analytics abilities
- Skilled work with stream & batch data, extremely large data sets and data visualization
- Track record of successful projects in algorithm design and product development.
- Deep learning, machine learning, information retrieval, or data mining experience.
- Experience developing / implementing anomaly detection or self-healing solutions.
- Experience in complex networks, big data, mobile and /or wireless environments
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scala, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code.
SnappyData is a Silicon Valley funded startup founded by engineers who pioneered the distributed in memory data business. It is advised by some of the legends of the computing industry who have been instrumental in creating multiple disruptions that have defined computing over the past 40 years. The engineering team that powers SnappyData built GemFire, one of the industry leading in memory data grids, which is used worldwide in mission critical applications ranging from finance to retail.
Click this link and select the job you're interested in